Sacred Heart Hospital is a mission driven hospital committed to treating the whole person—body, mind and spirit using advanced medicine and technology.
Explore career opportunities at Sacred Heart Hospital, as well as other HSHS system hospitals, to find the right opportunity for you.
HSHS Career Center
At Hospital Sisters Health System we provide healthcare excellence that is driven by our core values of respect, care, competence and joy. Join our team and help healing happen.
If you are currently an HSHS colleagues, you may view postings internally by clicking the button below. You will also find this link on your HSHS intranet.
Current HSHS Colleagues
About Sacred Heart Hospital
- Our 344-bed hospital in Eau Claire, Wisconsin provides residents of western Wisconsin with the latest in medical care in a wide range of specialties, including neurology, cardiovascular services, women's health, cancer, trauma and critical care.
- We offer patients advanced surgical technology include two Smart OR operating suites with an intraoperative MRI and intraoperative CT and two da Vinci surgical robots, and state-of-the-art interventional radiology procedures and technology, like the Biplane Angiography Suite. Our Regional Cancer Center offers patients the best radiation therapy—IMRT and IGRT.
- We are fully committed to providing the best medical care to our patients with the latest technology and advancements; we also know that as a Catholic health care ministry, we are called to provide care to everyone—especially the poor and the underserved—who comes to us, seeking healing of body, mind and spirit. Learn more about our mission.
Learn more about our community by visiting the Greater Eau Claire Area Chamber of Commerce website.
We are committed to giving our colleagues opportunities to gain the knowledge and skills they will need to continue to advance their careers and provide the best possible care to our patients.
Sacred Heart Hospital is an accredited American Heart Association Training Center for BLS, ACLS and PALS, and we also provide AHA training onsite and oversee rural community AHA programs. We also have an active CEU/CME program.
In addition to offering tuition reimbursement, we also make every effort to be flexible in coordinating work schedules for colleagues who are pursuing advanced education.
Sacred Heart offers several educational opportunities for clinical staff both in computer-based learning modules, as well as live training. Colleagues are encouraged to pursue advanced certifications and training within their discipline.
Benefits vary from one Hospital Sisters Health System location to another. Some of the benefits available to you as an employee of this facility, and as part of HSHS include:
- Tax-deferred annuity program
- Medical and prescription drug coverage
- Dental coverage
- Vision discount program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Healthy living programs
We’re glad you’re interested in professional nursing at Sacred Heart Hospital, where nearly 400 nurses deliver the best possible collaborative, relationship-based patient care.
We are passionate about delivering hope and healing to our patients and making a positive difference in their lives. Here, you’ll find an environment that:
- values you
- practices excellence in nursing and education
- offers many opportunities for professional growth and development for student nurses, graduate nurses and seasoned nurses
We invite you to read about our nursing philosophy
Enrollment & Deadlines
- The 2017 Student Nurse Intern Program will run from June 12–August 5, 2017
- Applications will be accepted starting November 21, 2016—January 4, 2017
- Applicants will be selected by February 29, 2017
How To Apply
- Enrolled in an approved school of nursing.
- Successfully completed two semesters in an ADN program or the third year of BSN program prior to the start of the internship program.
- Successfully completed Pharmacology (if required in nursing program).
- A rewarding eight-week “Working & Learning” program.
- “Hands-on” patient and family-centered clinical experiences will be readily available, while working under direct RN preceptorship.
- A week of orientation followed by ongoing educational opportunities with a variety of Sacred Heart Hospital clinical experts.
- Past students selected for this program have reported improvement in their clinical nursing competence and their overall confidence level.
We look forward to speaking with you about continuing employment opportunities available at the conclusion of the Student Nurse Internship program.